Lately I’ve been SUPER bored with my meals. I tend to eat the same foods over and over (and over) again until I’m absolutely sick of them. Since I’ve been so busy lately, making my usual meals has become second nature and doesn’t require much thought/creativity. But if I have to eat one more ground turkey/sweet potato/vegetable combo, I might go literally insane…. Thus, my modification of Skinny Taste’s Crock Pot Turkey Chili. Thanks to those of you that emailed me some recipes after I tweeted about my dilemma. I’m so excited to try them!
Oh, and you’re in luck. I’ve decided to compensate for my lack of quality photos by adding some… friends… to my photos.
Chili a la Glass Duck
Let’s get to the recipe, shall we?
Yield: 5 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
- 1.25 lb 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 tsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 10 oz. can Rotel Mild Tomatoes
- 8 oz. can plain tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup all natural chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Cook the turkey in a skillet over medium heat until brown; place in slow cooker
- Add 1 tsp. oil, chopped pepper and onion to skillet and sauté for 4-5 minutes; add to slow cooker
- Add beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices to slow cooker. Stir until well blended.
- Pour 1/4 cup chicken broth.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. Serve with desired toppings. (I added cauliflower and avocado!)