When Responsibility Takes the Front Seat

As most of you know, I’ve dedicated this semester to becoming a “yes” man. I want to say yes to everything. Do things that I normally wouldn’t do. Push myself out of my comfort zone. Basically, I want to squeeze every ounce of enjoyment out of my last semester of college. Up until this weekend, I haven’t really said no to ANYTHING.

Much to the disappointment of myself (and especially my best friend), I had to make a tough decision. My first “no.” I’ve had plans to go to Tallahassee for FSU’s first home game against Nevada for a few weeks now. With my first campaign of the semester coming up on Monday, a project and meeting on Sunday and about 4 hours worth of homework to catch up on, the decision to stay home was almost a no-brainer. Strong emphasis on the world almost.

FSUGameDayLiving vicariously through this picture [last year]

I must admit, it was hard for me to make this decision. Has anyone heard of “FOMO” or fear of missing out? Yep. I’m sitting here on a Saturday morning typing a blog post. Not what I was expecting, at all. Mimosas, anyone? 😉

Although it was hard for me to say no, I must realize there needs to be BALANCE. I don’t have to say yes to everything, especially when it’s not in line with my priorities. Yes, this is my last semester of college, but that also means that school shouldn’t be put on the back burner. In fact, my final campaigns class is the most important of my college career and utilizes everything I’ve ever learned college (intimidating, huh?)

So while my 90% of my friends are at FSU and 90% of my blog friends are at Healthy Living Summit, here I am. Luckily I’ll be squeezing in an awesome craft project today that I can’t wait to share with you guys 🙂 The other 10% of my friends that are still home, I’m coming after ya! 

Advertisements

11 thoughts on “When Responsibility Takes the Front Seat

  1. I think striking that balance is something we all have to work at! I definitely go through phases of not wanting to miss anything so I say yes and have a blast…until I’m worn out! Then I say no far too much 🙂

  2. I have some serious FOMO about missing the HLS. I’m in Australia and maybe one year I will make it but it would be a very expensive trip 🙂

    When I was studying there were many times I had to say no to things to get everything done and as much as I felt like I was missing out it was worth it in the end once I got my degree. Good luck with all your homework and study!

  3. Omg I am right there with you! I find myself at home on Friday nights early because I work at 7am every Saturday and it makes me feel like such a dud!!! But it’s good to be responsible first, and THEN have a blast and live it up:)

  4. Pingback: Autumn Crafts | Health Nut Julie

  5. I have SUCH a hard time saying no to things, even if I know I should! I’m right there with ya, girlfriend – but I think you made the right decision. Saying no to going to the Healthy Living Summit was REALLY hard, but I’m ultimately glad I saved the money at this point (even though I’m so jealous reading the recaps.) Let’s make plans to go next year! Enjoy your last semester, have fun but you’re so right that school is important to. Your GPA matters, but it also matters that you hang out with friends. Your last semester will FLY by, enjoy it pretty girl!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s