We all have those mornings where we wake up on the wrong side of the bed. For some unknown reason, we’re set off by the smallest things. Let’s take this morning, for example. I wake up already in a weird mood because of a dream. Of course it was one of those sappy, lovesick dreams and I’m thinking to myself, “WHY did I just have a dream about that?”
Fast forward to me forgetting my breakfast at home, my SunPass running out of toll money, 15 various sappy songs coming onto my iPod and we’ve got a recipe for a splendid morning.
So what do we do on those nothing-is-going-right-and-it’s-only-9:00-days? I’ve come up with a few simple solutions:
1. Listen to happy music. Whatever music puts you in a good mood (preferably not sappy music, in my case) put it on. Now.
2. If you’re in the comfort of your own home, DANCE. When’s the last time you just danced around the house? I do it all the time. I promise it’s impossible to be in a bad mood when you’re dancing.
3. Write down 5 things you’re thankful for.
4. Plan something later in the day to look forward to. It may be getting your nails done, enjoying a long walk, taking a bubble bath, going to the gym, reading a good book. Have some “me” time.
5. Realize that if your biggest problem is forgetting your hardboiled eggs at home or a rip in your shirt, your life is pretty freakin’ awesome today.
[Of Possible Interest:]