What a long day. I’m exhausted!
Today started off with work and class and the last thing I wanted to do was drag myself to the gym. I always try to remind myself that I’m one workout away from happiness — sometimes it works, other times, I need a little more than that.
I started out with some pre-workout fuel.
I am a HUGE green smoothie fan! Smoothies are such an easy way to add extra veggies into your diet and I promise you can’t even taste them. This smoothie included:
- 1/2 banana
- 1 Scoop SunWarrior Chocolate Protein Powder
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- A few ice cubes & water
So simple & delicious. I paired my smoothie with some egg whites and green beans. Yum!
I was lacking motivation going to the gym big time. I love working out in the morning because it’s when I’m most productive and energized. However, I have a few tips for those of you who lack motivation to get to the gym late in the evening (or in general):
- Remind yourself how great you feel after a workout.
- Any workout is better than none! You don’t have to be there for hours — 20 minutes will do and you generally want to keep pushing yourself.
- Use a mantra. I always say to myself, “You’ll be glad you did it afterwards!”
I’ve been focusing heavily on strength training lately to build muscle & burn fat. Did you know lifting weights continues to burn calories long after you’ve left the gym? Umm, sign me up please! I paired a 30-minute spin class with a back and biceps circuit workout:
I left the gym feeling great (I could barely walk out) and I was right — I felt way better after working out! Time to get some homework done. Have a relaxing evening!
How do you motivate yourself to get to the gym?